Satyamev Jayate Aamir Khan’s most ambitious project till this date has received rave reviews from every corners of society in India. Media has also applauded the effort of Aamir Khan. Satyamev Jayate one of the most awaited TV show of Indian TV. On 18th April of last month Aamir Khan kicked the marketing of Satyamev Jayate on Twitter and YouTube. The marketing campaign was an instant hit but the ingredient of the show was under wrap and no one was able to make a guess about the genre of Satyamev Jayate.
You will read many adjectives about Aamir Khan like superstar, genius and perfectionist and the list goes on. There is one thing I have observed about Aamir Khan in last one and half decade is he has earned credibility. The amount of credibility he has earned in every section of society of India, among his colleagues and media is enormous. If Aamir Khan is acting or making or producing a project it has to be brilliant.
Aamir Khan acted in two movies “Rang De Basanti” and “Three idiots” which were relevant with the social issues in India. He produced Tare Zameen Per a movie dealing with the dyslexia. Not a single actor through out world has been able to connect their work with relevant social issues in the society with such prominence and financial feasibility as Aamir has done. I would like to say that his credibility is so high in India that if any project is coming from the basket of Aamir Khan, it has to be extraordinary.
Satyamev Jayate is a brilliant addition in the long list of extraordinary projects which has been delivered by Aamir Khan. Unique aspect of Satyamev Jayate is first time Aamir Khan has dedicated a whole project on Social issue as it appears from the first episode of Satyamev Jayate. It is a thirteen episode serial fully dedicated to Indian society. Satyamev Jayate is also the debut of Aamir Khan on TV.
After two years of hard work, research and travelling through out India, first episode of the show was aired on 6th May. What we think of the Satyamev Jayate?
- Simple, Crystal clear in approach, objectives are defined and what is the solution.
- Satyamev Jayate has discussed social evil Female Foeticide which is rampant in Indian society. Satyamev Jayate has brought the credibility Indian Medical Association, Doctor Fraternity and Corporate under scanner. Female Foeticide was started by Government of India would have come as an shocking surprise for many. Every thing was shown with lots of emotion. Satymev Jayate dealt with an extremely serious issue in which many powerful people are involved still Satymev Jayate did it without creating any controversy.
- It is extremely tough for any actor of the stature of Aamir Khan to block their effect on their surroundings. Satyamev Jayate is the show where we can learn that how successfully Aamir Khan did it. There was no observation effect of Aamir Khan.
- The level of research is high and it has hit somewhere the journalist fraternity of India hard. The job which they should have done is being done by Aamir Khan.
The response of Indian media:
Print and Digital media has applauded the show with full heart and somewhere Satyamev Jayate has forced Indian news Media to question them-self on the quality of content they are producing. IBN-LIVE discussed this issue under tittle “Has Satyamev Jayate redefined T.V shows?”. The transcript of the show is available on IBN-LIVE website. The video can be viewed on YouTube also.
IBN-LIVE tackled Stayamev Jayate subject in an extremely confident way and not only praised the show but also discussed pros and cons of Satyamev Jayate in a positive way. From Times of India, Hindustan Times, NDTV and national newspaper in Hindi every one applauded the show . If Satyamev Jayate is able to impact journalism and media then it will be one of the biggest achievement of team of Satyamev Jayate and Aamir Khan.
How Indian users on Twitter Responded?
On Sunday Satyamev Jayate went on to trend on Twitter worldwide and in India nine out of ten trends belonged to Satyamev Jayate. I have never seen anything like this on Twitter even when Apple released their i-Pad. In reality it was an emotional response when people watched an extraordinary show dealing with evil trend in Indian society. Indian audience were overwhelmed by the quality of content of Satyamev Jayate. People responded in an extremely positive way and even 48 hrs after airing of the show people are responding to the hashtags related Satyamev Jayate.
There is a particular form of cynicism we have seen in the various section of the Media, Twitter as corporatism of the social issues. Satyamev Jayate is a commercial show about Social issues. The show should run without ads and lots of other questions.
1. Any corporate in the world operates inside a society and if Corporate could not take on Social issues then who will take. They are earning billions of rupees from society and if they can’t return it then there is no point of them operating in the society.
2. There are many sections of media which is discussing that Satyamev Jayate will be able to keep the momentum or not? The first episode is out and we have seen the response. Let another two episode should be aired and then Media strategist can really predict about the performance of Satyamev Jayate in their thirteen episode run.
Videathink View: Biggest achievement of Satyameve Jayate is communication and marketing of a prevalent evil “FEMALE FOETICIDE” in Indian society. Million of people around India have seen Satyamev Jayate through eight networks of Star Plus and Doordarshan. We don’t know it has made the same impact as Ramayan and Mahabharat has made in eighties but I have not seen any movie or show that has made any impact as Satyamev Jayate.
Satyamev Jayate has successfully marketed and communicated the evil “FEMALE FOETICIDE” to millions of Indian.
1. To kill an evil rampant in society, you need to market the evil.
2. Million of families, people, Male and Female, teenagers have watched this show and they know about the evil of Female Foeticide.
3. We Indians knew the evil and their perpetrators and Thanks to team of Satyamev Jayate.