Narendra Modi is undoubtedly the most famous politician on social media but is it really an important topic for an article? Certainly it is a very important topic because it give us many insight about the perception and views of population of Cyber world.
We thought to check Fan base of major politicians have on Social Media platform and data tells us a completely different story.
1.Narendra Modi Official Facebook Page- Likes-459,445/Talking about this-28,157
Important aspect of Narendra Modi page is the engagement level of the fan on every post is very good or rather very high on every parameters that is likes, comment and shares.
Narendra Modi Twitter account- 500k+ followers. Joined 10th Jan 2009
2. Gandhi Family on Facebook-
Rahul Gandhi- Likes-146k/Talking about this-4002
Sonia Gandhi- Likes-77,381/Talking about this-1537.
Priyanka Gandhi- Likes-131k/Talking about this-1564. For Priyanka Gandhi we can certainly say that she has a charisma which is clearly visible. Even she is practically invisible from active political scenario, She is almost close to Rahul Gandhi and scores over almost all the active Politician.
Engagement level is very good from fans of the Pages of Gandhi family.
There are three other politician to whom we can say that they are pretty famous and very well accepted on social media platform not as well as Narendra Modi or Gandhi family but they are certainly way ahead from their counterparts. These politicians are
Akhilesh Yadav official page- Like- 58115, Talking about this-4499. Engagement level high.
There is another unofficial page of Akhilesh Yadav having more than 13k Fans.
Mamta Banerjee - Unofficial page but more than 17k fans.
Sushma Swaraj is another Politician having more than 20k fans on her unofficial page clearly way ahead of Sheila dikshit in social world.
We cannot comment on the engagement level of the unofficial pages because it doesn’t reflect the views of Leader.
In the digital world the leaders from India has a very low follower-ship or admiration. On the contrary we can also conclude that they are not net savvy. There are politicians who are more active on twitter mainly because they are followed by all the media and what ever they express certainly get coverage very fast.
On social media platform Gujarat Chief minister has really made himself a brand and highly accepted as a leader. the engagement level is very high on his Facebook page. On twitter also his follower-ship is very high instead of very low number of Tweets that is only around 1k in three years still having more than half million followers.
Narendra Modi is highly accepted in online space even when the ghost of Gujarat Carnegie 2002 is always haunting his reputation. The only reason behind it is under his leadership Gujarat has touched new heights in economic development.
The members of Gandhi family Facebook page also indicates their image power but in reality it doesn’t represent their true stature as it is presented in media. The recent election of Uttar Pradesh has given an unprecedented media coverage to Gandhi family on print and digital media but the story is different on Social media.
Akhilesh Yadav is a big hit on Facebook. Running on the recent success in UP election, he has been accepted on Facebook with open heart. His leadership style and performance as a chief minister of UP will decide how his brand and image power will evolve on Social Media platforms.
There are two other leaders Mamta Banerjee CM of West Bengal and Nitish Kumar CM of Bihar are doing very good on Social Media through their unofficial Page. As per our observation Nitish Kumar will be highly accepted on Social Media platform not only among people from Bihar but throughout India. The brand value of Nitish Kumar is highest among all the chief minister of India because of the way he has turned around the fortune of Bihar.
From our observation and analyzing the Facts
1. Narendra Modi is the most valuable brand on Facebook.
2. If Priyanka Gandhi will enter in active politics she will get an immense response from cyber citizens of India.
3. Akhilash Yadav has started in an extraordinary way. His future performance as a CM will only decide his leadership in Cyber world.
4. Nitish Kumar will also get immense response from all over India If his official Avatar will appear online.
5. Development is the one word which rules. If you have done extraordinary work then you will get immense response otherwise your Facebook page and twitter account will be like barren field.
6. Social Media Penetration is very low in India when we compare it with the population of India.
7. Any one who uses net is well-educated and it is clearly visible that how overwhelmingly Narendra Modi is accepted. Your work related to development is accepted.
8. Indian Politicians still need to be Tech and Net Savvy.
9. It will take some time but we can say that in near future only Social Media will be a major platform for their reputation building in India.